udp_open and udp_conf error reporting
|User & Date:||anonymous 2019-04-24 23:42:11|
- Change foundin to "1.0.11"
- Change icomment to:
The udpOpen function has two problems when reporting errors. The first is a simple typo:
char errmsg = "upd_open [remoteport] [ipv6] [reuse]";
It should read "udp_open".
The second problem is more serious. The call to Tcl_SetResult is:
Tcl_SetResult (interp, errmsg, NULL);
The last argument should read TCL_VOLATILE, since the error string is allocated on the stack. The value of NULL is equivalent to TCL_STATIC. This could cause a segmentation fault.
The udpConf function also contains a call to Tcl_SetResult with a NULL argument.
- Change login to "anonymous"
- Change mimetype to "text/x-fossil-plain"
- Change private_contact to "1c57e67924247fd7926e89348f266c081ec57db2"
- Change severity to "Severe"
- Change status to "Open"
- Change title to "udp_open and udp_conf error reporting"
- Change type to "Code_Defect"