Artifacts Associated With Ticket 8de7f5aa07242f07813c31db172269f43669a460
- foundin initialized to: "b5c41cdeb6"
Debugging applications that use encrypted communications is difficult because tcpdump or wireshark will only show gibberish. However, wireshark has the ability to use a file with (pre-)master secrets, which will allow it to decrypt the traffic. I propose to add the option to generate such a file to tcltls. The standard way to do this is by setting the environment variable SSLKEYLOGFILE. A patch is available [http://www.tclcode.com/patches/tls-b5c41cdeb6-debug.diff|here]
- login: "schelte"
- mimetype: "text/x-fossil-wiki"
- private_contact initialized to: "8475f421649231f1e116ac602bea4537d2b027b4"
- severity initialized to: "Important"
- status initialized to: "Open"
- title initialized to: "Enable debugging with wireshark"
- type initialized to: "Feature Request"