Regression in SQLite test-suite
|User & Date:||jan.nijtmans 2017-07-13 15:00:42|
- Change assignee to "nobody"
- Change closer to "nobody"
- Change cmimetype to "text/x-fossil-wiki"
- Change comment to:
When running the latest SQLite test-suite there was a regression in 2 test-cases, one of them: badutf2-4.1.5... ! badutf2-4.1.5 expected: [\u0080] ! badutf2-4.1.5 got: [\uFF80]
bisecting Tcl pointed to commit [7351fc0c9c], but - actually - there's nothing wrong with this commit. Further investigation resulted in the observation that the macro TclUtfToUniChar() contained a mistake: If 'str' points to a signed character (which it normally does), a character in the range \x80-\xC0 results in an unicode character in the range \xFF80-\xFFC0 ... this is clearly wrong.
Conclusion: this is a long-standing bug in the TclUtfToUniChar() macro, which was never discovered because there was no test-case touching this. Commit [7351fc0c9c] merely exposed this bug in the SQLite test-suite.
- Change foundin to "core-8-6-branch"
- Change is_private to "0"
- Change login to "jan.nijtmans"
- Change priority to "5 Medium"
- Change resolution to "None"
- Change severity to "Minor"
- Change status to "Open"
- Change submitter to "jan.nijtmans"
- Change subsystem to "- New Builtin Commands"
- Change title to "Regression in SQLite test-suite"
- Change type to "Bug"